Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Bit Disturbed and Surrendering the Fight

I was sent a link to Thomas Paine's Common Sense, revisited here Revisited


While I applaud the effort, I find some of the others who reference the site and their beliefs a bit disturbing. The most disturbing are those who still believe 9/11was an inside job followed by those with Bush Derangement Syndrome. Give it a rest already!

Stop trashing what can't be changed and do something about what can be changed...leadership in the US government. For heaven's sakes get out and vote this next election cycle. Stop belly aching/complaining/whining/moaning and campaign for real change, wield your voting power, and show elected officials that you won't tolerate their gluttonous behavior with our money and resources.

VOTE is the most powerful tool you have, no gun can surpass it. Use it well.

In the meantime go read the above website, look up Thomas Paine's Common Sense and read it,t hen decided for yourself what you want to do.

[After thoughts] Something I find even more disturbing is the number of people willing to call it quits. I see things like the end of Conservatism, the end of Federalism, the end of Freedom 'as we know it' touted all over the Internet.

Then I see those who are willing to stand up and be counted as those who would rather die trying than just lay down and call it quits. I can't help but wonder where the disconnect is? Where is the hope? Where is the fighting spirit of those who say it's over? Perhaps it's over for you but don't tell me what to think, feel, or speak. I stand with the fighters. My children stand with the fighters. The children who are watching all this drama play out are taking their cues from the adults in this three ringed circus. Which lesson do you want them to learn? Quitters never win?

Teach them right from wrong. Teach them American History. Why wait for someone else to do it? If you're waiting for permission to teach your children something they should know then you've already surrendered. It isn't too late to turn around, start teaching them today.

Don't know where to start? Try the beginning, the reason for the colonies. You can find almost anything you want simply by using Internet search engines, read through the materials to make sure it isn't tainted by liberal political correctness, go to used bookstores and look for old history books because they'll have the best material for colonial and early American history. Find older copies of the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, Mayflower Compact, and other early documents.

Cotton Mather's Work for a good look at the way early Americans looked at the world around them.

Pamphleteer Thomas Paine

Might I also suggest The Patriot, with Mel Gibson? True it's a bit bloody and intense, but it's a good history lesson.

Roots? Glory? North and South?

There's all sorts of information to be had to teach your children, raise them knowing their history, you just have to look.

As for just giving up, I can't make you do anything you don't want to, but I refuse to surrender.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.