Monday, April 6, 2009

The Underemployed should be considered unemployed?

I was listening to the Kit Craddock morning show on the way to school with my kids.

The morning crew thinks that a person who lost a 70k plus salary a year job should still be considered unemployed even if said person is now delivering pizza's for $10 an hour.

Perhaps this employed unemployed person isn't living the lifestyle they're used to. Perhaps they don't get the salary they're used to but, BUT said person is no longer unemployed. Said person is making more than he/she would have been able to draw on unemployment by delivering pizza (not counting tips). Said person is not under the stress/pressure of the former 70K a year, nor do they have to remain a pizza delivery person for the rest of their lives. THEY HAVE A JOB!

Even if 'under employed' they're still employed.

Seems they'll try anything to make things look worse than they are.

No comments:

This Country Girl

My photo
Part time wanna be pundit. Full time wife and mom. I work part time, own my own business, and homeschool my kids. It's a busy busy life these days.